...but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life...(Prov. 13:12)

Monday, July 27, 2015

Summer Gardening Exploded!

Gardening Season is/has been in Full Swing...





The New Garden and It's Explosion of Crops!
Wow this season of our life is just flying by! We have been so busy with gardening, baby bunnies, baby chicks and just life in general that I haven't been able to blog much on the progress of the garden. So this is going to be alot of pictures into one post to show how our garden/summer has taken shape! So enjoy the pics! God has blessed us with a wonderful harvest this year so couldn't ask for much more than that and the kids have been enjoying the fruits of their/my labor as well!

The New Garden Space:








Then came the planting and growing...







What has been exciting for me is that most of these crops were started in my dining room under lights as little seeds! I can't believe that I accomplished what I set out to do and that was to grow from seeds most of my crops! We have had so much lettuce, chard, peas, broccoli, celery, cauliflower, potatoes, tons of herbs, kale, blueberries, strawberries, walla walla onions,garlic, beets and radishes! We still have yet to harvest our cabbage, carrots, corn, pumpkins, gourds, butternut and spaghetti squash, watermelons, cantaloupe, tomatoes and peppers and just so much more! 




















Here is our harvest of our onions for the year!


I am slowly clearing out beds to prep for a smaller fall garden where I would like to have some of the cooler crops grow again. Our summer got so hot that alot of things didn't get as big as normal such as the broccoli and peas got hot fast. So will be growing these along with more cabbage, garlic and possibly more onions. Will see what time allows. I am going to be using the inside of the bigger greenhouse to keep lettuce and other small things going. This will be my first year to use it during the winter with a better, non freezing, water barrel inside it to water the plants. Will see what happens but for now that greenhouse is filled with tomatoes and pepper plants that are still growing!

Hope you are having a successful year as well! I have really enjoyed having our mason bees and looks like they might stick around! If you have the opportunity to add mason bees to your garden next year I highly suggest it! They are busy little bees! Here is my old post on how we added them and how simple it is! Click HERE to read the bee post!

Happy Farming!

No comments:

Post a Comment